CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Remembering ...

I’ll never forget the conversation I had with Griffin on December 27th 2004. We were admitting him to the hospital for what would be his final stay. I knew at this moment I had to tell him that “he was probably going to die” I said probably because I couldn’t concretely say when or how long and maybe, just maybe we could get that miracle.

Griffin’s initial response did not surprise me, “Mom, can’t we go to a different hospital, can’t we see a different doctor.” “Isn’t there any thing else, I don’t want to die” It broke my heart to tell him there was nothing left any doctor could do. That we had done everything possible but his cancer was too strong. Within minutes Griffin accepted his fate. It was then he told his favorite "Texas" Nurse Brad (he had many favorites in California!) to do him a favor, to make sure to tell everyone about a boy named Griffin, who was brave and strong who tried so hard to fight his bad guys.

It also breaks my heart to know that I am not alone on this journey, that each and every day Mother’s have to say “goodbye” to their children. We have to find a cure and that is why Team in Training is so important to me!

I truly believe we will find a cure to cancer one day. Team in Training has provided me such an incredible outlet. I can’t find the words to adequately express my gratitude for all the support I've received from my friends and family; Supporting not only me but all the families who are facing cancer. Together WE CAN and WE ARE making a difference. We will find a Cure! And "fight the bad guys".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Monique! It's great to read your blog again, I haven't done this since the caringbridge site. I'm so proud of you for what you are doing, keep on walking! I'll be checking up on you! :)
Love, Laura

Marni said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again :)

You made me cry with the first post I read because it brought those last days back (not that they are ever far from my memory). I miss him. I've missed him a lot more than usual the last few months. I don't know what triggered it. Maybe it was the police fundraiser or maybe because it's getting closer to his birthday...but I've just missed him. I got his jammies out the other day and just held them and remembered his hugs...

I'm so proud of you for the training and all you are doing to fulfill Griffy's dream that no other child will suffer from cancer.

love you...