CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Light the Night

Yes, I've become the worst Blogger! It hasn't been intentional. Honest. I've been busy with work, the kids, and trying to get all my walking in. Plus, the new TV season is on. This has left me with No Blogging time.

Anyways, last night, we walked as a family (plus our babysitter and husband) in the Light The Night walk. As a family, we walked, with 2 gold balloons (one for Griffin, one my mom) and two red balloons. We walked 2 miles, Sydney ran pretty much the whole way,except when she was jumping ofer the crack in the street or walking backwards. It was a great night. In less than two weeks I walk alone, my 13.1 miles for my mom and Griffin! (Okay, not literally alone, it's the Dallas 1/2 marathon, i'm sure there will be tons of people.) I had been training with my friend, who was walking with me, but she backed out :( Luckily, I still have my coach, mentor, and fellow teammates.

I'm excited and nervous. Can I make it? My coach tells me not to worry, that I'll be fine, I've been training. I remember when 3 miles was hard, now I consistanly walk 8! Yep, me! Walking 8 miles. But 13.1 is far. I've looked at the course and it's intimidating! I can do it! (right?)

2 comments:

Carrie Rogers said...

You can do it!!! I can't wait to read your post on it!! (glad to see you posted again!)

Wifey said...

of COURSE you can do it. DUH!