CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Race Day Jitters!!!

Okay, so I keep on telling myself NOT to freak out. I spent a couple days last week crying about the marathon. Come to find out, it is very normal, especially for your first race. The true problem I am having is....TIME...I have no doubt that I can walk 13.1 miles (honestly it's not THAT far). The problem comes that the race has a 4 hour time limit (granted my coach checked and said not to worry that people finished later then that last year) Anyways, my freak out comes that the whole season, i've been walking a 20 mile (can't seem to get my legs to go faster)so, that means assuming I can keep up the pace, I can walk 12 miles in 4 hours, not 13.1!!!! SUCKS!!! I'm not an athlete, I'm not walking for my chip timing, I do however, want to finish, before they are tearing everything down..this leaves me sad, felling like I've set myself up to fail. And failing is something I struggle with. I can't handle that NOT good enough feeling.

Anyways, I know I will do it! I know I can! I just don't want everyone to have to wait for the lone Fat girl walking in last.
Lesson learned though, next time around, I am going to sign up for a race that has both a 1/2 marathon and a full, that way i have like 8 hours to go 13.1 miles!! Much better plan.

0 comments: