CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BLISTERS!!

Ouch! I've got Blisters. I walked 3 miles last night. I was amazed at how great it felt to be outdoors, it's getting hotter, but the breeze was blowing. Normally, I don't like alone time..especially in the car, my mind starts racing, I start thinking about Griffin and my mom, and get sad. For those of you who know me, that's way I'm always on my cell phone when I'm driving. Anyways, Since I've started walking, I look forward to that alone time. Instead of feeling sorry for myself and deperately missing my son, I feel energized and motivated, determined to help make a difference in this world. It breaks my heart that other mothers have to lose their children to cancer. No mother should have to bury their child! I walk in the hopes that eventually there will be a cure to cancer! That I can say, eventhough I lost my son other families won't! I can't wait for that day!

About a mile into my walk, my left foot started hurting. I couldn't understand, these were my brand new running shoes, that I had sized for my particular type of foot. I kept walking. After 2 miles, I started having a burning pain in my left foot. Determined to finish I kept walking. It hurt, but I didn't care, I had to finish. I don't think I have ever been so happy to finish something.

I got home, took of my shoe..and let me tell you..I have a blister the size of a quarter (no big deal) but underneath that Blister, I have a new Blister..It is huge probably the size of a baseball on the ball of my foot. I could barely walk with out being in excruciating pain. I layed down on the couch, being a baby. Whying about my poor foot. This morning I woke up still in pain, but I'm not whying anymore. I didn't really need any more realizations, because I lived through the cancer life for over 4 years. But what I can say is my BLISTERS are NOTHING compared to the countless people who go through chemo theraphy, radiation, surgeries and everything else associated with a diagnosis of cancer. I'm fine, my feet will be fine. No complaining for me. This is NOTHING. I'm fortunate that today is my rest day so I won't be walking tonight. I'm hopeful my feet will feel better for my walk tomorrow night. -Mo

1 comments:

jen said...

I am so proud of you Mo. Your spirit and determination are inspirational. I know how painful blisters can be from years on the crosscountry team. I hope they heal soon. We can't wait to see you guys a the big D this summer!
love you,
Jen
P.S. I know Griffey and your mom are so proud of you