CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Inspiring

We had such a fabulous weekend!

On Friday night, Blake's new best friend Matthew and his mom came over and we made noise makers to cheer for the North Trails marathon on Sunday. Both boys and Sydney love crafts, not to mention us moms so we had lots of fun!

Saturday morning, I woke up to meet the team for our 3 mile walk. As I left the house at 6:20 I was amazed at how amazing the sky looked! The sun was rising. The sky painted this brilliant coral color! It was truly breathtaking. It was at this moment I realized how busy life gets and how the tendency is to overlook the miracles of nature. It also occurred to me that only 3 weeks previous, before I joined Team in Training, I would have been sleeping and would have missed this amazing sunset! I pumped and ready to go, I wasn't searching for more motivation, but I realized that sleep is overrated! I was happy to be awake and ready to be a part of something so great!

Meeting with the team is so inspiring! There is a wide range of people. Coaches, Mentor, Athletes, and people who are working on their first marathon (like me!) People with personal connections to cancer and those who haven't faced cancer in their families but who are just naturally compelled to make a difference in this world. Inspiring indeed!

As we (WinterFawn and I) walked and talked the breeze gently blew. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect morning. We even saw Hot Air Balloons in the sky. It felt wonderful. I've spent so long trying to figure out "my thing". What makes me happy, what I really enjoy. In previous years, I had received information about team in training, but always though "I'm too fat!" there is no way I can do that. Well I'm proud to say not only can I do it, but I AM doing it! And it feels great!

After walking we meet with a women who is training for her 3rd event! How awesome is that! I'm hopeful that one day that will be me. She shared her fundraising successes, stories of her marathons and misc tips! It was great.

We then were off to spend the day at Hawaiian Falls! WinterFawn (Matthew's Mom) and her family decided to join us for the day. It couldn't have been more wonderful. Blake was finally the right height for all the rides! He loved it. Sydney had a blast. It was such a great day spent. I love a day with friends and family and water! Can't wait for the beach this summer.

Sunday morning, I woke the boys up and we were out of the house by 6:10 am. No sleeping in at our house this weekend! We ran up to get muffins on our way to meet Matthew's mom and go volunteer at the North Trail Marathon. There were 65 team in training participants as well and tons of volunteers (like us). We were at mile marker 4 and 8. Dressed in Hawaiian Attire, with our noise makers, cheering on fellow team members as well as other participates. It was a Blast! I can't quite explain how amazing it felt being part of a Team! In almost 34 years, I have never been on a team and I am so proud to be on this one! Seeing all the purple shirts! All teammates running/walking for a cure. If that's not inspiring, I don't know what is. We cheered for 3 hours! One of the fellow cheerers said her hand was tired from shaking the noise makers, she asked me if I was? I said absoutely not! All I have to do is scream and make noise! How hard is that! It's our fellow team members out racing who have the right to be tired!! My point was well taken. It's all at how you look at the situation! Life is what you make it! As the last person crossed our mile maker with her coach, I heard her tell him "this is the most amazing experience of my life". I can't wait for that! I'm only 3 weeks into training and already feeling that way!

Last night we were winding down, the kids had eatten dinner, I was working on laundry and getting ready for our week. It was my training off night, but something inside me was calling me to go walk. I tried to say to myself, it's Sunday night, you've had a busy weekend, it's okay to sit around, but I couldn't! I walked just over 2 miles last night. It felt great. It slept well. And am ready for what ever today hold!
love, mo
PS. I got my first donation in the mail on Saturday! It was awesome! Thank you Candi so much!

0 comments: