CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

A new beginning

So, I've decided to start a new blog. 2 weeks ago, I made a huge committment and joined the Team in Training, benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am thrilled and energized to have finally found something that I can do to help get in shape and make a difference in this world.
In Oct 2000 when we learned Griffin had cancer my life took on a new mission. Obviously, it was to fight Griffin's cancer and allow him to live life to the fullest. We spent 4 years and 3 months doing just that. Making the most of every single day we had. We did everything possible within reason, making decisions soley on Griffin's quality of life. He endured so much! Yet, in everything we asked of him, he did with such dignity and pride, all with the expectations that he'd "win his battle, and beat those bad guys" never once uttering a word of complaint. It became not only my life, but my job, my focus, my mission.
Jan 4th 2005 our lives changed for ever. As we watched Griffin take his last breath, I struggled trying to make sense of why this was happening to him, to us. A piece of me dyed with Griffin. This hole that remains constant in my heart, this acking just to hear his voice again and feel him in my arms. Yet in this devastation I felt this sense of peace. How do we pick up the pieces? What do I do with my life now? What is my purpose? All these questions filled my head.

And so, my journey has begon. With my goal of walking in the Dallas 1/2 marathon on November 2nd. Walking 13.1 miles in search of a cure for cancer, trying to find myself and getting in shape.

Please come back to check on my progress. Yes, I've slacked on my other blog, but I hope to keep an up to date journal of my journey.
Love, Mo

0 comments: