CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

So Happy it's Jan 5th

So, we made it through another year. I realize it's sad, but I'm thrilled to have Jan 4th over with and that I don't have to deal with it for another 364 days!

The last week has been so difficult for me. I cried and I cried, until I couldn't cry any more, I was moody and irritable. The anticipation of the actual day is definately much worse for me than the actual day.

This weekend, was good. Saturday we knew the weather was going to be wonderful, so we spent the day at the zoo. It was close to 80, the kids playing in the water. We had a great time. Our babysitter Ms. Jennifer came to our house with 75 red helium balloons!! It was amazingly sweet for her to bring so many balloons. It's been our tradition to send red Balloons to Griffin, normally just a few, not 75! But 75! Wow that was so exciting (she made me cry!) We wrote notes to Griff and sent the Balloons to Heaven. Then Barry and I went out to dinner to the Cheesecake factory, it was nice to have time to sit and talk. (Outside, in shortsleeves, in Jan and yes it was 80 degrees) Today we are having ice storms (Texas weather is crazy).

Yesterday, Griffin's Happy Heaven Day, we ate Eggo Waffles for breakfast and watched Griffin's video. It was hard to watch, but I was so glad to hear his voice, gosh I miss him. I wanted to just get it over with (if that makes sense) and get all the crying done.

After the video, we went to the Science Place. We love the science museum. So did Griffin. It was a nice family day.

When we got home, the kids and I made my mom's famous checkerboard cake (my first time ever making it) I ran into a few snags, but it was delicious! And my kitchen is still a mess, i was too tired last night.

All in all, it was a day well spent, remembering my amazing boy. Griff-I love you always and forever.

1 comments:

Esther said...

Monique, it was so great meeting you tonight at the info meeting. I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous son. But thank you for supporting such an amazing cause so that some day a parent wont have to go through what you went through.

You are an amazing woman, and I will think of your mom and Griffin every mile this season!