CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weightloss and Finances! The Dreaded Duo!

My struggles in life have definetly been weightloss and finances! I hate them both.

On the weightloss side, I started South Beach phase 1 again today. This program really works, and those carbs that I love oh so much dont' love me. I'm much better NOT eating them. For those of you who have done the program. The first two weeks are rough! NO carbs including fruit! But it works, those sugar bad/carb cravings disappear! Barry and I both did it last year. Initally i lost 25 pounds (have gained about 12 back) Barry has lost close to 40 and kept it off!! He's doing awesome. Me, I give into temptation, and use food ( the good junk, cookies, cakes, basically anything sweet!) to help cure a bad day, to help stuff my grief. I know it doesn't work..so why do i still do it???? Anyways, I'm back on the wagon! I'm excited to be back, eating healthier and being a better roll model for my kiddos. My next season of Team in Training starts in just over 2 weeks. Which will be perfect, phase 1 south beach is the hardest, and i will have just finished the 2 weeks of south beach before my training starts. So, then i can transition to phase two were you eat healthy carbs and begin my new training routine!

On the finance side. I think most of us struggle with credit card debit. Barry and I haven't been on the same page with this. I tend to live the life of "you only live once" mentality and want to spend more then we have, where he is more conservative. I win the arguements often and so we find ourselves in credit card debit again. Not huge, but enough to make you crazy! and in this economy plus the fact we each took a 5% pay decrease...making monthly payments to credit cards just isn't worth it. I recently cut up all my cards! My old navy card was the hardest. I'm posting this, so I have a public record that I am NOT using my cards anymore! Wish me luck! And I'm going to tackle them...smallest to largest.

-Mo

0 comments: